Re: iasa-bcp-01 - Open Issues - Separate bank accounts

At this point, I think I am confused. I have paged back through the e-mail thread, and attempted to see whether my version would or would not, should or should not, include meeting fees, and have not been able to put together an authoritative picture...

I think I want to see what you think the current text is, in the
context of the whole document revision, before I comment further.

Leslie.

Wijnen, Bert (Bert) wrote:
Geoff responded to Leslie

I think you are wanting to say that "donation of funds to the IETF be placed under the exclusive control of the IETF support program within ISOC". This phrasing is slightly stronger than the irrevocable commitment phrase, but does fall just short of explicitly stating 'distinct fund account held in a financial institution'.

I think that neither Leslies, nor Geoff wording includes the meeting fees,
does it? And in my (personal) opinion we should include those as well.

And indeed: Beyond that:  get a lawyer or accountant to figure it out!

I think we need to try to get some text in there that states (as good as
possible) what we (IETF) want and then have that reviewed by legal,
while at the same time doing IETF Last Call maybe.

Bert

  Geoff