Re: Consensus? IPR rights and all that

--On 6. desember 2004 13:41 +0100 Scott W Brim <sbrim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 07:00:32AM -0500, Margaret Wasserman allegedly wrote:

I agree with what you are trying to say, but I'm not sure about this wording:

> The IAD is responsible for ensuring that all contracts give the IASA
> and the IETF the rights in data that is needed to satisfy the principle
> of data access.

Maybe:

The IAD is responsible for ensuring that all contracts give the IASA
and the IETF the data access rights that are needed...?

I believe you want the data itself?

Not quite... I want all the data, all the time, as they are being changed; a dump once a year or at end-of-contract is not what I think we want.
I think "access" is a better term for that than "data" alone.

                Harald