RE: IPv4 consumption statistics and extrapolations

And for further clarification... I put this response together based on the
data I saw from Geoff a couple of months ago, and couldn't check the URL in
the air. Everyone should check the site because he has included further
evaluation of the data. I apologize for any perception or inference that
Geoff may not have been presenting valid data. The data he has been
presenting is valid for what it measures, our differences of opinion have
been over what and where to measure.

That said, I stand by the point that if the recent depletion rate of 9 /8s
in 6 months holds, there are only 58 months left. That event may have been
an anomaly, or it may be the precursor to an even more accelerated run rate.
We won't know for several years which it was.

Tony

March.