Re: Reminder: Poll about restructuring options

john-ietf@xxxxxxx (John C Klensin)  wrote on 04.10.04 in <901B84E544634CC521771058@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> understanding his point of view.  By contrast, we are now seeing
> a different style of position-taking and decision-making, one
> that terrifies me.  The new style involves assertions of the
> "rights" of the people who occupy IESG and IAB seats (because
> they are in those seats) instead of explanation and openness

Frankly, I see a lot more of that from the community than from the
leadership, at least in the current debate.

> with the community about details and options, and involves
> (virtually) shouting "wrong" instead of engaging in discussion
> and persuasion.

This looks to me like a distinction without a difference. Or put
differently, this "WRONG" is an invitation to explain why it isn't
actually wrong. It's certainly not their job to explain your side of it.

Instead, you start a meta-debate.

Seems to me it's you not following through on your own principles.

MfG Kai