Re: FTP

Or

Accept: app/jsondir

Just needs a definition of the app/jsondir ContentType, IANA media registration, etc.

For completeness, probably want to specify in such a fashion that the range requests can be used. So if the server has a directory with a million hits, it can send them over incrementally.

On Fri, Jul 12, 2024 at 8:49 AM Robert Kisteleki <robert@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Jul 5, 2024 at 12:07 AM Phillip Hallam-Baker
<phill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What we would need to close the gap is a standardized mechanism for reporting the directory listing and a client that allows for scripted and user interactions.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I suspect an I-D ("if '?format=JSON'
is added to a HTTP directory listing query, the output format shall be
[...]") would go a long way and solve the scripting problem for a
sizeable population!

Robert