Re: TELNET to HISTORIC Re: FTP

Phillip Hallam-Baker <phill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Move both to HISTORIC. Saying something is obsolete lets the new stuff
> arrive to replace it.

That seems right. It hasn't been possible to use these instead of "ssh" or "scp" for quite some time. I remember the transition, but that must have been 15-20 years ago or so.

People from my generation still know what files and directories/folders are. Not always the case for younger people:
<https://www.theverge.com/22684730/students-file-folder-directory-structure-education-gen-z>

thanks,
Rob