Re: IETF email and IPv6 and related issues

According to Eliot Lear  <lear@xxxxxxx>:
>Can I suggest one way forward would be for the IETF to liaise a nastygram to M3AAWG and ask for their help in getting their
>members to properly support IPv6?

That would certainly provoke a good laugh. For one thing, M3 is no
more the Network Police than the IETF is.

For another, most of M3's members are either bulk senders who will do
whatever will get mail delivered, or service providers and
consultants. The big three mail providers are M3 members, but they
show up at the IETF, too.

Of the big three, Gmail has v6 mail that works fine. (I see Paul W's
complaint and I believe him but I also know that I send a couple of
thousand messages to Gmail via v6 every month and the only ones it
rejects are a handful that are forwarded from other senders via role
accounts here.)

Microsoft's mail has always been a mess. At this point, inbound is v4
only, some outbound is v6, mostly spam from their onmicrosoft.com
self-service swamp, and everything else is v4.

Yahoo's mail is v4 only.

All three of these organizations are technically sophisticated, and
they have not made different decisions because they are ignorant or
stupid. I have proposed a state of v6 session for the upcoming M3 in
Toronto. If it's accepted, I'll see how much of the discussion I can
report back.

R's,
John