Re: RFPs and IPv6

On 7/1/24, 16:19, "Ofer Inbar" <cos@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:cos@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
> Are you really saying that the IETF is a special kind of buyer that
needs to remain "neutral" in some way, and NOT exert any market force,
even if the IETF does have preferences?

What I am saying is the IETF is not a very large buyer, so in a lot of cases we have little ability to shape market solutions - just to buy them or not (this is not always the case of course). I was trying to switch to a different suggestion about how to create a market dynamic that would drive providers to support IPv6 - namely making future protocols IPv6-only.

Jason