Re: SMTP and IPv6

On 6/29/24 00:27, Nicolas Giard wrote:

My point was that supporting ipv6 for e.g. a website / API is very easy as 1) it's almost universally supported by all cloud providers and 2) even if that wasn't the case, adding a proxy somewhere in the middle is trivial.

I doubt the same can be said about outbound SMTP. The entity sending the emails has to support ipv6 natively.

These days, any network service provider NOT supporting ipv6 natively should be considered inherently incompetent and unfit for use.

Keith