[Last-Call] Re: Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action for Timothy Mcsweeney

On 6/12/24 4:02 AM, Paul Wouters wrote:
On Jun 12, 2024, at 00:23, Christian Huitema <huitema@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 6/11/2024 9:18 PM, Ted Lemon wrote:
I would argue that Dan’s recent message here, which is consistent with the
messages he sent that triggered the PR-action, is sufficient to justify
removing his posting rights on the IETF mailing list right away, since the
original PR action has not been withdrawn.
Reasonable minds can disagree. Dan's message was based on his personal experience, was certainly informative, and did not attack anyone.
It attacked Lars by claiming an action of the entire IESG was Lars’ personal action with an implication that he was victim of a personal attack. Note also his use of mentioning other people by their role but not Lars.

  Oxford dictionary defines "attack" as: "an aggressive and violent
action against a person or place." There was no attack. Neither
aggressive nor violent. Please refrain from such hyperbole, it
really just inflames things and nothing good comes from that.

  The email Lars sent was not "an action of the entire IESG" and
it wasn't even an email from the IETF chair. It was a personal email
from his eggert.org account to the IRSG and he didn't even cc me
even though I was the subject of the email. He forwarded a copy to
me; I have the receipts.

  I am not implying I'm the victim of a personal attack (again with
the hyperbole!). It was an effort to widen my ban and since blanket
bans were the subject of my email I felt inclusion of this piece of
information was appropriate. That is all.

  Dan.

--
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to
escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius