[Last-Call] Re: Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action for Timothy Mcsweeney

Yes, that's indeed what at least some of us are advocating: an update to the BCP.

On Tue, Jun 11, 2024 at 10:44 PM Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 12-Jun-24 13:03, Adam Roach wrote:
> On 6/11/24 17:25, Dan Harkins wrote:
>>   So let's rein this in a bit. No blanket bans. I don't know Tim
>> McSweeney from Adam and my opinion on this last-call is pretty
>> worthless given my current standing but unless there is a problem
>> on a list, people should not be banned.
>

> In the general case, I agree. In this case, I think the following promise makes a blanket ban not just advisable, but entirely necessary:

But we don't have a rule that allows this. A PR Action *allows* all
list managers to ban the person; the IESG would have to go further
than all existing BCPs to do more than this. That's not impossible,
but would need a separate Last Call, I think.

    Brian