[Last-Call] Re: Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action for Timothy Mcsweeney

I don't really know what to say to all this. Dan, if you've had a PR-action taken against you, that's bad, and you should be working to adjust your behavior, not complaining about how poorly you've been treated. Sorry. It doesn't mean you're a bad person, or that we should dislike you. It means that you need to take responsibility. We need to ask you to take responsibility, which I think is what Lars was trying to do. And you need to step up and take it. That's what being part of a community means.

It's not like I have any right to say what the IETF should do here, any more than any other participant. But for what it's worth, I would very much like to see the IETF take on a much less tolerant policy toward antisocial behavior. If Dan really wants to get work done in the IETF, it's not unreasonable to expect him to make accommodations.

Getting review and collaboration in the IETF is an amazing privilege and a gift.