[Last-Call] Re: Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action for Timothy Mcsweeney

Let me just comment on this one point:

On 6/11/24 14:52, John C Klensin wrote:
And, btw, I think we need to be very careful about proposals for
blanket bans as well.  We have several examples in the history of the
IETF of people who have regularly been unprofessional, obnoxious, and
disruptive but who have still made important technical contributions,
maybe ones that no one else could have made.  I think it is entirely

Maybe the objectionable party is very capable. But how many other people who are at least as capable have been deterred from taking part because of their objectionable behavior? The IETF likes to think of itself as inclusive but - as somebody else suggested - it really isn't.

"unprofessional, obnoxious, and disruptive" behavior is just that and should not be tolerated. Otherwise you're just going to have an organization of people who think it's fine to act that way or at least aren't prepared to deal with it.

We've already had people saying they automatically delete this persons posts - so exactly what value is that person bringing to the organization?