[Last-Call] Re: Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action for Timothy Mcsweeney

On Tue, Jun 11, 2024 at 12:50 PM Michael Douglass <mikeadouglass@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We've already had people saying they automatically delete this persons posts - so exactly what value is that person bringing to the organization?

Gotta be careful with that one. I automatically delete many people's posts, because I know they are going to anger me, and there won't be consensus. Most of them concern "observability" and "encryption".

They still might make valuable contributions. The problem here is that you have absolutely abhorrent text that treats someone badly, and this will drive away new contributors if we allow it. So, no, automatic ban.

thanks,
Rob