[Last-Call] Re: [RTG-DIR]Rtgdir last call review of draft-ietf-mpls-msd-yang-07

Hi Yingzhen,

Thanks for taking care of this. The new version looks better.

Still, I don’t see how the hierarchical identity structure can be automatically inferred from the current flat registry structure. I’m afraid that the instructions in the 3rd para of 6.2 are not sufficient as I don’t think that we can trust the presence of SRH or some magic words in the description to decide which identity to use, and more generally if “a new data plane” is used.

Both the description and references listed in the IANA module diverge from the actual content of the registry. I would avoid that. Please refer to this clarification in the 8407bis (see the last sentence, in particular):

   The content of these registries are usually available using various

   formats (e.g., plain text, XML).  However, there were some confusion

   in the past about whether the content of some registries is dependent

   on a specific representation format.  For example, Section 5 of

   [RFC8892] was published to clarify that MIB and YANG modules are

   merely additional formats in which the "Interface Types (ifType)" and

   "Tunnel Types (tunnelType)" registries are available.  The MIB

   [RFC2863] and YANG modules [RFC7224][RFC8675] are not separate

   registries, and the same values are always present in all formats of

   the same registry.

Some other misc. comments:

(1) “lower-case version of the data plane name”: you may also indicate that the space is replaced with “-“, not trimmed.

(2)    "description":  Replicates the description from the registry.

I guess you meant replicate the “name” from the registry. There is no description in the IGP MSD Type reg.

(3)

OLD:

      name: iana-msd-types

      namespace: urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:yang:iana-msd-types

      prefix: iana-msd-types

      reference: RFC XXXX

      name: ietf-mpls-msd

      namespace: urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:yang:ietf-mpls-msd

      prefix: mpls-msd

     reference: RFC XXXX

NEW:

      name: iana-msd-types

      namespace: urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:yang:iana-msd-types

      prefix: iana-msd-types

      maintained by IANA? Y

      reference: RFC XXXX

      name: ietf-mpls-msd

      namespace: urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:yang:ietf-mpls-msd

      prefix: mpls-msd

      maintained by IANA? N

     reference: RFC XXXX

(4) the security section does not follow the template + does not cover the IANA module. Please refer to https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc8407bis-11#name-security-considerations-sect.

Cheers,

Med