Re: [Ietf-dkim] Fwd: WG Action: Formed Mail Maintenance (mailmaint)

On Mon, May 13, 2024 at 01:58:03PM -0400, Andrew Newton (andy) wrote:
> On 5/13/24 11:58, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> > [Reducing the distribution to just the main IETF list]
> >
> > On Fri, May 10, 2024 at 2:33 PM Dave Crocker <dhc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >     This imposes two, formal requirements for Standards Track that are
> >     dramatically higher barriers than is typical for IETF Standards Track
> >     specification.
> >
> >     What is the justification for this deviation from IETF norm?
>

> I know something like this was discussed in SIDROPS but that doesn't
> seem to have materialized in a charter change. I was told that one
> other routing related WG had done something similar, but I can't seem
> to locate which one.

SIDROPS has the requirement documented on its wiki:
https://wiki.ietf.org/en/group/sidrops

As I understand it, the SIDROPS charter has not (yet) been updated,
because the first chairs wished to gain some experience with this
relatively recent implementation requirement.

The implementation requirement came into existence after painful lessons
were learned.

Kind regards,

Job