[Last-Call] Re: Last Call: <draft-kucherawy-bcp97bis-05.txt> (Procedure for Standards Track Documents to Refer Normatively to External Documents) to Best Current Practice

On Mon, May 13, 2024, at 09:39, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> Indeed. And I'm not against the sort of additional process that Mark's
> last message suggests, but we should be aware that in the end it will
> change very little.

I might be a little more hopeful than that.  At least in the domain in which I operate, there is a growing recognition that the value that comes from standardization is not that you can sell the product[1], but in the interoperability that it enables.

[1] I mean, I find it hard to believe that the purchase of standards really funds these organizations.