From: Himanshu Sharma <himanshu=40netskope.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 6, 2024 8:42 PM
To: Jim Fenton <fenton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: art@xxxxxxxx <art@xxxxxxxx>; draft-ietf-lamps-ocsp-nonce-update.all@xxxxxxxx <draft-ietf-lamps-ocsp-nonce-update.all@xxxxxxxx>; last-call@xxxxxxxx <last-call@xxxxxxxx>; spasm@xxxxxxxx <spasm@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lamps] Re: [EXTERNAL] Artart telechat review of draft-ietf-lamps-ocsp-nonce-update-06

Hi Jim We are using the word "Nonce octets" to show the clear difference between "Nonce: the complete encoded extension" vs "Nonce octet: value of the Nonce that gets encoded. " All the previous RFCs had this confusion
Hi Jim
   We are using the word "Nonce octets" to show the clear difference between "Nonce: the complete encoded extension" vs "Nonce octet:  value of the Nonce that gets encoded."
All the previous RFCs had this confusion and developers interpreted these values wrongly in some implementations.

Will it fine if I use "Nonce value" instead of "Nonce octets" for example

"Nonce will be identified by the object identifier id-pkix-ocsp-
   nonce, while the extnValue is the encoded value of Nonce octets.  If
   the Nonce extension is present, then the length of the Nonce octets
   MUST be at least 1 octet and can be up to 128 octets."

will be represented as:

"Nonce will be identified by the object identifier id-pkix-ocsp-
   nonce, while the extnValue is the encoded value of Nonce octets.  If
   the Nonce extension is present, then the length of the Nonce value octets
   MUST be at least 1 octet and can be up to 128 octets."

Please let me know your thoughts.

-Himanshu