Re: [Last-Call] [Emailcore] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-emailcore-rfc5322bis-11

Pete Resnick wrote in
 <B156890C-86E4-4EAF-BE67-E8DC15D79FCF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
 |On 28 Apr 2024, at 23:34, Sheng Jiang via Datatracker wrote:
 |> It is not needed to list RFC2822 & RFC822, the historic documents
 |> far before
 |> RFC5322. The history can be tracked just from the mentioning of
 |> RFC5322.
 |
 |True, but since there are references in the text to these documents, it
 |was easier to put them in the list.

In my very humble opinion history compression must also have an
end somewhere.  Again in my opinion is RFC 822 such an outstanding
document and also event in history that to mention and refer to it
explicitly is by no means excessive, it maybe (i would say: yes)
is even proper -- i do not think you loose nor win agility and
forward movement by erasing references to such monuments, but you
will erode your own foundation if you do, ending up with less
holistically grown individual snowflakes in a storm, so to say.

--steffen