Joe

Dr. Joe Touch, temporal epistemologist
www.strayalpha.com

On Mar 18, 2024, at 1:44 AM, Martin J. Dürst <duerst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Joe, others,

On 2024-03-18 00:32, touch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Github CAN be configured to post every message to email. That’s not the default for those posting (it should be, IMO).

The way GitHub does that is a real pain. There is zero context. The average IETF mail contribution has too much context, but that's still better. A digest might solve that, but it's difficult to find the right interval. You want to include the next contribution if it comes within X minutes from the last one, but you can't predict the future.

Regards,   Martin.

But if Github posts were also cc'd to the corresponding mailing list then it wouldn’t be either/or - the list gets to see the sausage being made and the threads become much easier to track.
Those who don’t want to track could just filter them out.

www.strayalpha.com <http://www.strayalpha.comnote/>