Re: Question about pre-meeting document posting deadlines for the IESG and the community

>> If you don’t like how this goes, please talk to your WG chair; the
>> details may be subject to adjustment.
> To reiterate, I absolutely do not think that this is something that should vary from one WG to another.  IETF is already too hostile to generalists, and it needs their input badly.

We should have some commonality, which has been started with 8874/8875.

However, one-size-fits-all doesn’t work in the IETF.

Groups vary widely in the workflows that work best for them; groups dominated by people that ship software in their day jobs usually can adapt to git forge based workflows much better than groups centered in different areas of engineering.

I do believe the 2-week moratorium works for all of IETF, because it does not relate to working methods as much as to realities of meetings and traveling to them.
I do not believe a Procrustes edict on WG working methods will work, and that includes how exactly git forges are used.

Grüße, Carsten