Re: How IETF treats contributors

Dean,

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 04:43:57PM -0400, Dean Anderson wrote:

> That said, it is a reprehensible shame that you are not being given credit
> for your work in SPF and RMX.

Thanks for that.

> We demonstrated that RMX did not solve the problem it set out to
> solve.

I do not remember that anyone did demonstrate that.

On the contrary, RMX solved a major problem in contrast to the current
SenderID proposal.  Many people, including myself, do receive
significant more false bounce messages and spam complaints than
spam messages, because spammers abuse my e-mail address or domain.
Therefore RMX was designed to verify the envelope sender and it
does that job.

In contrast, SenderID does not solve that problem. Guess why.

> No doubt, the
> MARID group chairs do not want to appear to simply re-hash RMX under a
> different name. In order to avoid that, they have to pretend it wasn't
> written by you.

This might be true.

Hadmut