Re: [Last-Call] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-netconf-tcp-client-server-21

Hi Mallory,

Thank you for your valuable comments.
Please find responses below.

Kent

> On Feb 13, 2024, at 5:00 PM, Mallory Knodel via Datatracker <noreply@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Reviewer: Mallory Knodel
> Review result: Ready with Nits

> by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
> like any other last call comments.

> <https://wiki.ietf.org/en/group/gen/GenArtFAQ>.
>
> Document: draft-ietf-netconf-tcp-client-server-??
> Reviewer: Mallory Knodel
> Review Date: 2024-02-13
> IETF LC End Date: 2024-02-12
> IESG Telechat date: 2024-02-29

> Minor issue: The section 2.1.5. Guidelines for Configuring TCP Keep-Alives
> would seem to apply to all three modules though it is only elaborated in the
> first, which of course will be helpful to the following two but wondering if
> there is somehow a way to internally reference this section such that the
> reader looks to those guidelines no matter which of the three modules they are
> reading about.

That section is under Section 2:  The "ietf-tcp-common” Module

This ietf-tcp-common module is the only module that defines the “keepalives”
node.  It is essential to have any information about keepalives in Section 2.

Section 2 is “common” because both the ietf-tcp-client and ietf-tcp-server
YANG modules normatively import and use the "tcp-common-grouping”
grouping from the ietf-tcp-common module.

What I’m trying to say is that it’s normatively correct and as DRY as can be.

> Nits/editorial comments:
>
> * Section 1.1. The first sentence should state "The document presents three..."

Updated in all nine drafts, two locations each.

> * Section 3.1.2.1. The last sentence should state "...an IPv4 address, an IPv6
> address, or a hostname." *

Fixed!

Thanks again,
Kent