Re: [Last-Call] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-ccamp-l1csm-yang-24

Hi Haomian,

If we agree that the entire subtrees of these three nodes are sensitive, then the existing text is mostly good with a few small changes for clarity. Here’s my proposal (changes in bold):

NEW

There are a number of data nodes defined in this YANG module that are writable/creatable/deletable (i.e., config true, which is the default). These data nodes may be considered sensitive or vulnerable in some network environments. Write operations (e.g., edit-config) to these data nodes without proper protection can negatively affect network operations and services. Nodes in this YANG module are susceptible to intentional (malicious) and unintentional (misconfiguration) configuration, adversely affecting the connection. These are the subtrees and data nodes and their sensitivity/vulnerability The following data nodes and their entire subtrees are considered sensitive:

UNI:

- uni-id

Service:

- service-id

- endpoint-id

The IDs above identify a connection between the subscriber and service provider; they will be unique and may contain sensitive information such as customer information, service type, port information, and location. They must also be correctly configured to ensure the Subscriber and Service Provider connection is established. The security considerations spelled out in the YANG 1.1 specification [RFC7950] apply for this document as well.

END TEXT

Thanks,

                Yaron