Re: [Alldispatch] What problem? [Taking draft-thomson-gendispatch-no-expiry-03 forward]

Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > I'd like to request that whereever we discuss
    > draft-thomson-gendispatch-no-expiry, we should also discuss
    > draft-levine-iduse, which I am pretty close to supporting
    > unreservedly.

    > https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-levine-iduse/

I can support this document unreservedly.

I thought section 3 would have more meat.

I wonder if there is some third or fourth state (or extra bit) for an
inactive draft that amounts to "used as reference material".  We have many
situations where a document is prepared by a WG, and intentionally not
published.  The document got some amount of consensus, but it would not serve
enough utility to justify the cost of publication.  Many use case documents
fall into this, as do some "paths not taken"

In fact the DT knows which documents have been referenced, but I was thinking
about the WG document display.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )