Re: [IAB] IAB Statement on Encryption and Mandatory Client-side Scanning of Content

Dear Abdussalam Baryon,

The IAB is writing these kind of statements as part of our responsibility on architectural oversight. Please note that the responsibilities listed in RFC2850 are rather meant to be instructive to the IAB’s role than restrictive. We do not write IAB Statements on request of ISOC, however, we work closely with ISOC on policy-related matters and issue own statements when we believe that we as representatives of a group of technical experts can or should make an additional point beyond the good work ISOC is already doing.

Mirja