From: ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx [mailto:ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Glen
Zorn
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 9:31 AM
To: 'Ian Cooper'; 'Bob Braden'
Cc: ietf@xxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: List of standards

ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx <mailto:ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> --On 17 August 2004 09:20 -0700 Bob Braden <braden@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>   *> From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <iljitsch@xxxxxxxxx>   *>
>>   *> Why is the list of internet standards so hard to find?   *>
>>   *> It seems to me this list deserves top ranking on the first page
>> at
>>   *> www.ietf.org, but that's certainly not the case. (Try to find it
>> and
>>   *> see what I mean.)
>>   *>
>>
>> It's not hard to find, actually. Try:
>> http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html
>
> Seems to me one needs to know a lot about the differences between
> what's hosted by the IETF and the RFC Editor sites in order to know
> that for the material in question the user needs to go to the RFC
> Editor site (and then on to the "RFC Database" rather than any of the
> other options).

Actually, there is a link on the IETF home page to "RFC Pages", so it sems
that one would really only need to be familiar w/the "RFC" acronym.
Is that too much to ask?

Hope this helps,

~gwz

deserve neither..."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they
kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
-- Voltaire