Re: [Last-Call] [Detnet] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-detnet-mpls-oam-13

Tom,

inline please

<snip>

<tp>
Once it waa G-ACH but not any more, it is G-ACh

RFC5586 still uses G-ACH

According to RFC 5586:

ACH is Associated Channel Header

G-ACh is Generic Associated Channel

RFC 5586 does not use G-ACH, RFC 5586 consistently uses G-ACh.

I don't know id we ever used G-ACH, it would be Generic Associated Channel Header, which could be a proper name, but would be a slight over specification.

I'd ask Matthew and Stewart to check if I got this right :).

/Loa

RFC7214 reorganised the IANA registres and gets the name right and may be the best reference.

I am not sure where G-ACh first appeared but it was much dicussed in and around MPLS-TP, Loa might know or else Adrian.

Tom Petch

Sent via a website that trashes what used to be e-mails rendering work a stressful challenge

Thanks.

Nits:

Section 1: s/of active and hybrid, as defined in [RFC7799], OAM methods./
             /of active and hybrid OAM methods, as defined in [RFC7799]./
GIM>> Thank you, done.

Thanks.

Section 2.1: Some terms have a hyphen between the term and the definition.
Others do not.  Please use some separator in all cases.

Figure 3: s/DetNet Associated Channel Header/d-ACH/
GIM>> Done

Thanks.

Section 4.1: I cannot parse this sentence:

    The manipulation makes the
    identification of the TSN Stream in the intermittent TSN nodes avoids
    the need to look for the S-Label afterward.

Please reword.
GIMM>> Thank you for raising up this. Please consider the following update:
OLD TEXT:
    The first component identifies the DetNet flow (using Clause 6.8 of
    [IEEE.802.1CBdb]) and the second component creates” the TSN Stream
    via manipulation of the Ethernet header.  The manipulation makes the
    identification of the TSN Stream in the intermittent TSN nodes avoids
    the need to look for the S-Label afterward.
NEW TEXT:
    The first component identifies the DetNet flow (using Clause 6.8 of
    [IEEE.802.1CBdb]), and the second component creates the TSN Stream by
    manipulating the Ethernet header.  That manipulation simplifies the
    identification of the TSN Stream in the intermediate TSN nodes by
    avoiding the need for them to look outside of the Ethernet header.

That works for me.

Russ

Loa Andersson                        email: loa@xxxxx
Senior MPLS Expert                          loa.pi.nu@xxxxxxxxx
Bronze Dragon Consulting             phone: +46 739 81 21 64