Re: Bot postings, was Re: Messages from the ietf list for the week ending Sun Oct 8 06:00:02 2023

Hiya,

On 15/10/2023 21:44, Carsten Bormann wrote:
you are also wasting a lot of time here on the list

FWIW, I don't agree with the above. I think this discussion
rather highlights a difference between those who (I think)
have a more utilitarian view of IETF lists vs. those (e.g.
me) who think there's an important community building part
of IETF list discussion. I imagine the former opinion leads
one to be more pernickity/strict about what's a good or bad
list message, whereas the latter (my own position) is that
we should allow much more leeway(*) even if that comes at
the cost of an occasional ridiculous thread. (Like this
one, for which I'm partly at fault:-)

S.

(*) I do not mean allowing rudeness or other agreed bad
practices.