Re: principal effect of the bot postings

> On 2023-10-15, at 23:06, Paul Wouters <paul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On Oct 15, 2023, at 14:18, Carsten Bormann <cabo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>> So you don’t like the transparency the weekly summary messages (not “the bot postings”) create?
>
> Would you like this transparency to be added to all IETF run mailing lists ?

Sometimes I’d like to temporarily enable it on a list that is currently exploding, but I’m afraid that any process for this would create further explosions.

> If not, what makes this list special ?

In theory, nothing.
In practice,

* the fact that it tends to explode much more often, and

* that the damage from that is much larger because of the larger subscription base (or from the fact that we lose that and have no way to bring up general issues at all).

Grüße, Carsten