Re: [Last-Call] [DNSOP] [Ext] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc8499bis-09

On Sun, 17 Sep 2023, Salz, Rich wrote:

[ speaking as individual only ]

On the other hand, spending a week or two repeating a cycle to get an important term in the current document seems like a better solution.

If the WG agrees that this is an important term, sure.

Well, if the IETF has consensus :)  I'm raising the issue during this last call that "round-robin" should be in the list of defined terms.

I would say that if the WG didn't think it was important at the time by
forgetting it, it probably is not an "important term", and I can see
this not being fixed in an IETF LC anymore as an acceptable outcome.

Especially as the DNS Terminology document seems to be getting refreshed
pretty regularly to begin with.

But also, I didn't find a good definition of round robin in existing
RFCs either. There is a mention in rfc1794 but it doesn't really define
the term there. So I am not sure what the DNS Terminology document would
reference?

Paul