Re: [Tools-discuss] messaging formatting follies, was The IETF's email

It appears that Theodore Ts\'o <tytso@xxxxxxx> said:
>It's not that hard to force MUA's to send plain text.  But forcing
>MUA's to send an IETF custom HTML subset may be quite a bit more
>difficult.

I still don't understand what inventing our own HTML dialect would
accomplish beyond, as you note, setting up yet another hoop for people
to jump through.

The people who write MUAs are quite aware of all of the nasty stuff
you can do with the HTML, and I don't think we have anything useful to
tell them. On the other hand, I could sort of imagine some schema
based workflow stuff that might make it easier to review or revise
drafts, so long as whatever we do works in the MUAs people use.

R's,
John