Re: Appeal: IESG Statement on Guidance on In-Person and Online Interim Meetings

On 8/26/23 13:58, Abdussalam Baryun wrote:

I absolutely have seen closed WG meetings used as a way to abuse the
process.

Was that reported so far? If not, we may need to report that even if it was a long time ago, because we need to help make information trackable within IETF, and to make better processes.

It was a very long time ago.  The language in RFC2418 (an IETF Consensus document) regarding announcement and reporting etc. of interim meetings was a direct result of that long-ago experience:

   Interim meetings are subject to the
   same rules for advance notification, reporting, open participation,
   and process, which apply to other working group meetings.

Keith