Re: [Tools-discuss] messaging formatting follies, was The IETF's email

On 8/25/23 23:56, John Levine wrote:

hat ship sailed at least a decade ago.

 blanket statements made without support convey no information.

For a good time, take a look at schema.org which has a whole bunch of
sets of tagged HTML elements you can embed in messages and that a lot
of large mail systems will interpret as things ranging from drug
formulas to concert tickets. The SML WG is looking at standardizing it.

So what?  We don't have to change the meaning of HTML that people are already using in email, in order to define a subset/profile of email for use in technical discussions (or however else we want to scope it)

Keith