Re: The IETF's email mess [was: RE: Large messages to 6man list]

From: ietf <ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx> on behalf of Vasilenko Eduard <vasilenko.eduard=40huawei.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 21 August 2023 07:28

Dear IETF Police,
If you would continue to ban HTML then please do it in a more specific way:
1. Reject the message (with sender notification).
Or
2. Convert it to text (with some information lost).

<tp>
None of the above.  Given multipart/alternative with text/plain and text/html, remove the text/html in its entirety, something the mail list exploder could readily do.  And mail direct from participant to participant  would still have the html for those who want it.

I only know of one person who sends e-mail in text/html only - a WG Chair! - and I can cope with the loss of such messages.

Tom Petch
p.p. The Campaign to Get the Work Done

The current way (the chair should release/reject the message manually) is for sure the worst method to ban technology, automation is very needed.
RFC on "IETF HTML banning rules" would be good to have because it is a way to have a "consensus".

IMHO about top posting: It is a very right way to copy sentences that should be commented on the top.
The rest of the message is better to keep below for context.

PS: By the way, why IETF mail server deletes all empty line? Not possible to separate different messages.
Even more, if the previous line is finished without a dot or comma then lines would be merged.
What is wrong with empty lines?!? Even minimal mark-up is not possible.
Eduard