Re: Appeal: IESG Statement on Guidance on In-Person and Online Interim Meetings

> Il 16/08/2023 23:03 CEST Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
>
> However, there have been a handful of never-actually-meeting WGs for many, many years, and no resulting appeals or disasters as far as I know. So I'd be very surprised if the community consensus was that this is a Bad Thing. Indeed it would be odd for the community that practically invented "on-line" to object to on-line-only decision-taking.

In favour if that's actually online, i.e. on a mailing list - though there's value in letting people pop in during a week's meeting, when they are entirely focused on the IETF, rather than pop in at an unspecified time into one of 100 mailing lists that may be silently growing in a folder while they are focused on something else.

Very against if "online" means "in a series of small meetings held online as if they were in person, only out of sight of any other IETF participants that may have popped in if the meeting had been held in person at a general gathering of the community".

--
Vittorio Bertola | Head of Policy & Innovation, Open-Xchange
vittorio.bertola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx