Re: Privacy and IETF participation (was: Re: [117attendees] Hilton room rates (Was: IETF 117 - thanks and afterthoughts))

On 2023-08-02, at 20:11, Jim Reid <jim@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I wouldn’t be in favour of that on anonymity grounds. OTOH, it would greatly enhance the visual appeal of an IETF meeting if some participants had to put a bag over their head, myself included. :-)

I’m against organizations where people wear hoods to the meetings.

Anyway, one interesting data point is “Michael B” from UK NCSC, registered under a semi-anonymous name (but probably not because their employer doesn’t want them to go there).

(I think we get to choose our badge name when registering and I don’t think there is a consistency check with the wallet name we use for paying; I don’t know which name actually goes to the Bluesheets.)

Grüße, Carsten