Re: Privacy and IETF participation (was: Re: [117attendees] Hilton room rates (Was: IETF 117 - thanks and afterthoughts))

On 8/2/2023 2:11 PM, Jim Reid wrote:

On 2 Aug 2023, at 17:17, John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:

If so, is one allowed to be anonymous in other ways, such ... wearing a hood that covers one’s head and face?
I wouldn’t be in favour of that on anonymity grounds. OTOH, it would greatly enhance the visual appeal of an IETF meeting if some participants had to put a bag over their head, myself included. :-)

It also sort of depends on the local laws.  I seem to remember that any Sergeant or above in the UK Metro police can issue a short term "remove disguises" order for example under certain circumstances.

Mike