Re: [117attendees] Making meeting attendance more affordable

> Christian Hopps <chopps@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> +1 for Minneapolis.

Hi,

Well, I don't have anything against Minneapolis. But I don't think you can look around at an IETF meeting and wonder about the diversity problem if you're aiming for that location. That was 99% white until after WWII, and the overall metro area is still not very diverse.*

The IETF could hold a meeting in Atlanta or Los Angeles, and it would be quite different from that perspective, although the visa rules would be the same.

I do understand the vacation vs. work arguments, and I agree with them. But no one is going for Honolulu or Rio de Janeiro. Even the suggested South American cities are really quite boring. Also, it doesn't matter. You're going to be sitting in some beige conference room! :)

thanks,
Rob

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Minneapolis