Re: [117attendees] Making meeting attendance more affordable

On 7/27/23 20:12, Kaliya Identity Woman wrote:

There is the International Youth Hostel kity-corner from this venue (cost ~50 a night) - it could have been listed.  I found a hotel 4 blocks away that has super small but sufficient rooms for $75 a night.  I know I would be more inclined to attend future events if there was an effort to identify nearby low cost lodging options.

Has it become more difficult to search travel web sites for nearby affordable accommodations?

(Granted, it's not as convenient as it could be.  I generally have to pull up a map of the area around the conference hotel, go to a travel booking site, pull up another map of available hotels in the city, find the conference hotel on that map, zoom in, then look for hotels at more reasonable rates within walking distance.   And sometimes it's tricky to reliably know whether a particular hotel is a safe walk away late at night after bar conversations have ended.)