Re: Approaching the IETF - A View from Civil Society

George Michaelson <ggm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Roll forward. We've rehashed the same arguments for 40+ years, we're
> tired, and deaf. A lot of the behaviours are grumpy behaviours.

I haven't been around that long, but I can identify one tiresome pattern:

Ignoring the text of BCP 188 / RFC 7258* every time any WG tries to encrypt something. I wish people would stop doing that.

It's OK to attempt to change RFC 7258. I don't think such an effort would get far, so that's why it's irritating to relitigate it in technical WGs ...every time.

thanks,
Rob

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc7258/