Meetecho and in-person meetings

Hi,

I’ve always been a fan of meetecho, but having not been able to get to an IETF in person since March 2020 I was a little confused by how the old blue sheet signing in process is now integrated with it.

So first, apologies if I jumped the queue at the mic in dhc and v6ops, I was just blissfully unaware of the new system. I thought the QR was just to replace the blue sheet, and wondered what the two icons/buttons were, the hand with a line through it and the sheet of paper with a line through it.

I think it’s fine, but it took a day and a half to realise what was going on.

So some suggestions to make it more newcomer (or returner :) friendly:

1. When you scan the QR code. and are taken on your mobile to a meetecho screen, that screen should say “thanks for recording your presence in the foo WG meeting” or words to that effect.

2. The app/meetecho page should have more than two cryptic icons - there should be text saying what they do / when to use or not use them.

3. WG chairs should put the “use the app/meetecho hand button to join the mic queue” info in a slide after the note well.  This was done in IAB open but I hadn’t seen it before then.

4. It would be helpful if the app/meetecho should turn the hand icon red when the line is closed

I think these would be useful changes to make.

And there still being a biro pen on the blue sheet QR clipboard, well... :)

Tim