Re: Advertising WG adoption and WG LCs requests [was RE: Interim (and other) meeting guidelines versus openness, transparency, inclusion, and outreach]

It appears that Pete Resnick  <resnick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>FYI: There is a (unused by us) feature in Mailman called "topics" that
>could do exactly this with a WG lists: The chair could create an
>"announcement" topic, send messages to that topic, and subscribers could
>choose to subscribe only to that topic.

We can try but in my experience it's hard to use them consistently
enough to be useful.

A few days ago the IETF put out an RFP to completely redo our mail
system. If we want spiffy features like send me all the mail from some
set of WG lists that says "interim" this might be a good time to think
about it.

R's,
John