Re: [Last-Call] RtgDir Last Call review: draft-ietf-lsr-ospfv3-extended-lsa-yang-20

HI Victoria,

Your comments will be incorporated into the -21 version when the draft submission opens back up.

> On Jul 19, 2023, at 11:39 AM, Victoria Pritchard <pritchardv0@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Firstly, sorry for the delay - I missed the notification I'd been assigned to this review.
>
> I have been selected as the Routing Directorate reviewer for this draft. The Routing Directorate seeks to review all routing or routing-related drafts as they pass through IETF last call and IESG review, and sometimes on special request. The purpose of the review is to provide assistance to the Routing ADs. For more information about the Routing Directorate, please see https://wiki.ietf.org/en/group/rtg/RtgDir
>
> Although these comments are primarily for the use of the Routing ADs, it would be helpful if you could consider them along with any other IETF Last Call comments that you receive, and strive to resolve them through discussion or by updating the draft.
>
> Document: draft-ietf-lsr-ospfv3-extended-lsa-yang-20
> Reviewer: Victoria Pritchard
> Review Date: 19/07/2023
> IETF LC End Date: unknown
> Intended Status: Standards Track

>     This document is basically ready for publication but has nits that should be considered prior to publication.
>
> Comments:
>
>     Generally really clear and nicely references RFC 8362 throughout.
>
> Nits:
>
> Description at the top of page 19 didn't make sense to me. Is the "disabling" bit a separate sentence, and if so, is the first sentence finished?:
>             "For regular areas, i.e., areas where AS-scoped LSAs
>                disabling AreaExtendedLSASupport for a regular
>                OSPFv3 area (not a Stub or NSSA area) when
>                ExtendedLSASupport is enabled is contradictory and
>                is prohibited.";

I agree that this is confusing. I improved upon the description.

          "For regular areas, i.e., areas where AS-scoped LSAs
            are flooded, disabling AreaExtendedLSASupport at the
            area level is prohibited when ExtendedLSASupport is
            enabled at the instance level. AS-External LSAs
            are flooded into all OSPFv3 regular areas  (i.e., not
            a stub or an NSSA area) and disabling support at the
            area level is not possible.";

> Typo in section 5 security considerations: vlunerability

Fixed.

Thanks,
Acee