Re: Interim (and other) meeting guidelines versus openness, transparency, inclusion, and outreach

Ugh.  This is now officially an attractive thread(*).

I’ll answer two lines out of the thread and then probably drop out; too bad, this started in an interesting way.

> I am not a fan of repurposing github as an issue tracking tool, I find Git to be a typical product of the UNIX culture of

Normally, I’d now explain the difference between git the version control system, git the somewhat suboptimal but workable command line interface to git, and GitHub the online git repository database, authorization manager, issue tracker and discussion tool, and change request discussion tool (and all the gitlabs and codebergs out there that compete with GitHub but have agreed with the rest of the industry to standardize on git).  But this is totally unrelated to this thread.  And why relitigate this?  It’s 2023.

> Again, any WG that is doing this should be shut down, or at least suspended.

This statement oozes so much lack of clue that I don’t know where to start.
For information, a WG is there to get some work done.
Even if you accept the premise that the way work gets done in certain WGs is suboptimal, the way proposed here to handle this perceived deviation is totally out of line.
There is a reason most civilizations got rid of Sippenhaft.
But the premise is so uninformed that I’ll shut up now before I violate more of the rules for posting to this mailing list.

Grüße, Carsten

(*) attractive thread: A mailing list thread that attracts unrelated discussions, possibly submitted to drown out the interesting subject now hidden in the thread.