Re: Interim (and other) meeting guidelines versus openness, transparency, inclusion, and outreach

Max,

after bringing many companies that bring Internet services to hundreds of millions of people across the world  to vote in a IETF WG

We don't vote. What you are saying is that, according to the WG Chairs' judgment, there was no rough consensus to adopt some particular drafts. That could be because there was no consensus that they fitted in the WG charter, or because there was no consensus to base future work on those particular proposals. Without being a subject matter expert, I cannot possibly have an opinion whether their judgment of the lack of consensus was right or wrong.

By the way, none of your current drafts is tagged with the name of a current WG, which is more than a matter of bureaucracy: are your drafts matched to agreed IETF objectives? It's hard for an outsider to even work out which WG might be relevant.

If not, did you propose a BOF on the topic(s)? Or possibly, for work on a longer timescale, maybe it should be an IRTF topic. I have zero expertise in post-quantum crypto, so I have no feeling whether the timescales one sees quoted are any more meaningful than timescales for controlled fusion.

Regards
   Brian Carpenter