Re: How do we feel about conferences scraping addresses from the IETF?

On 05-Jun-23 21:47, lloyd.wood@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Stripping email addresses from public mailing list archives is considered best practice these days.

For example, the linux kernel mailing list webarchive is filled with <> instead of email addresses.

Which makes it useless for many legitimate purposes.

It's IMHO futile to try to conceal our (IETF/IRTF participants') email addresses, as well as being against established policy, as Jay has pointed out. If your email provider combined with your user agent don't provide adequate spam detection, you will have problems regardless of IETF policy.