Re: How do we feel about conferences scraping addresses from the IETF?

Hi All

The publication of email addresses of participants is a core part of our policy of transparency and clearly set out in our Privacy Statement https://www.ietf.org/privacy-statement/

The Privacy Statement was last revised after community consultation in late 2019 https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/z7v2pQAWU0nWEUuoovHVaWUswro/  Currently there are no plans to revise it and no plans to reduce our transparency by not listing or otherwise obscuring email addresses.  Needless to say, but if there were a new BCP or some other community process that changed the policy around transparency, then we would of course follow it.

cheers
Jay

--
Jay Daley