Re: NomCom selection Fwd: Notification for draft-eastlake-rfc3797bis-00.txt

Checking your affiliation, you’re associated with a company that puts up a substantial percentage (I seem to remember it was > 35% recently) of the total  number of volunteers each of the last 5-7 years and which usually gets two members from that affiliation selected.  Your personal chance of being selected will decrease as the company percentage of the pool increases past 20%.  I don’t have my laptop handy to run the numbers, but say it was 35% last time, I would expect your personal chance to be selected to be ~4/7th of my chance as a non aligned volunteer.

Call it roughly a 23% chance to be selected once in 10 years and a 40% chance  in 20 years all things being constant year to year.

Later, Mike

Sent from my iPad