Re: [Last-Call] Artart last call review of draft-ietf-dnsop-glue-is-not-optional-08

On Mon, May 8, 2023 at 3:21 PM Gonzalo Salgueiro via Datatracker <noreply@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Reviewer: Gonzalo Salgueiro
Review result: Ready
[...]
Two very minor nits that you might optionally consider:

— Abstract —

I'm not sure it is grammatically incorrect but the following sounds
better to me:

OLD
        Glue records are expected to be returned as part of a referral and
        if they cannot be fitted into the UDP response, TC=1 MUST be set to
        inform the client that the response is incomplete and that TCP SHOULD be
        used to retrieve the full response.

NEW
        Glue records are expected to be returned as part of a referral and
        if they cannot be fit into the UDP response, TC=1 MUST be set to inform
        the client that the response is incomplete and that TCP SHOULD be used
        to retrieve the full response.
END

Thanks for the review.

"if they cannot be fit into the UDP response" is not grammatically correct.

My suggestion would be to use more plain language like "if they do not fit into the UDP response".

I found myself looking up a few terms, so it might be useful to include
a reference to RFC 8499 (or draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc8499bis) for the
uninitiated.

Puneet Sood has also previously made this suggestion on the working group list, and we agree. We'll add it in the next revision.

Shumon